- Write a poem about plants growing.
- Create a garden out of Lego or a different type of construction toy.
- Create a bug hotel for your garden.
- Create a painting, drawing, collage of an imaginary garden.
- Write a set of instructions for keeping a park Tidy (like in Tidy the book).
- See how many books you can read in a week!
- Use Hit The Button to practice your 2, 5 and 10 x tables.
- We have been reading a lot in my house... how many books can you read each week? Keep a list, email it to me so I can see what you're reading.
- Make a bookmark for all those books you're reading.
- We also have a lot of recycling items here, so I was thinking you could try and make something using junk modelling. Remember to send in pictures.
Maths Challenges and Games: Gareth Metcalfe
Gareth Metcalfe is publishing a series of games that can be played with children aged 5-8. Access them using the link above and scroll down to where it says KS1.