Welcome to Year 1 - 2
Mrs Marshall teaches Year 1 and 2 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Mrs Mayhew teaches Year 1 and 2 on a Thursday and Friday.
Learning Support Assistants:
- Reading regularly is so important. We expect children to read their 'Learn to read book' at least 3x a week and have this signed in their reading diaries (monkey books).
- Books will be changed on a Friday. Please ensure children have their book bags and reading books every day as we use them often.
- Please do not carry water bottles to school in book bags - we need to look after our new reading books and water bottles leak!
- We would also encourage you to share at least one 'Love to read' book with your child every day. This might be their library book or another book from home. Sharing a book is a wonderful way to unwind.
- Reading regularly each week; a minimum of 3 times a week and record in diaries.
- Read to your child and let your child see you reading for pleasure too; it is important that you model.
- Phonics sheet with this weeks sound or spelling rule. A short optional activity will be included this would be great consolidation for your child. Please refer to this with them.
- Spelling and tricky word bookmarks - please practise these words with your children.
- Attach them weekly to the key-ring and refer back to previous weeks.
- We will send regular updates of what we have been covering in maths for you to continue at home.
- Occasional topic home learning projects.
- Occasional tailored homework will be sent home; please check bookbags on a regular basis!
PE is on a Wednesday and Thursday and children will need to wear PE kit into school on these days.
Children visit the library on a Wednesday so please make sure your child has their library book in school on this day each week so they are able to choose a different book.